Monday, December 24, 2007

I didn't know Jerry well, but I had met him at Jody's a few times and at a few juggler's parties and get togethers, and for some reason we just clicked like we had known each other for years. I'd sailed out to Cook's Inlet a few times where he and Rebel and Donna were windsurfing, and Jerry was always very friendly and helpful. When my wife needed some webhosting, Jerry was very helpful in hosting her accounts, and whenever I needed webmastering help, I knew I could always e-mail Jerry, and within a day, he would always have some great ideas or solutions to my coding problems.

Jerry always seemed to be a very kind and helpful guy... Wish I would have known him as a musician and been able to play with him, because he always seemed to be very sensitive kind of guy, and I bet he would have been fun to make music with. He was a friend who you felt like you've known forever, and always wanted to get to know better... What a loss that he is gone...

The one thing that I have learned from this, that I think Jerry would have encouraged, is to appreciate your friends while you have them, and get to know them while you can.
-Dan

No comments: