Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bob's Post

My name is Bob Bourgoin, most people new me as Bobbyjames in “those days”. Jerry and I we’re very close in the 1970’s. While I can’t find any pictures of us on stage together, he was my lead guitar player most of the time and we had some wonderful road trips in Tennessee, Texas and Colorado. When I recorded the “Hole in the Sky” cd a few years ago, I attempted to contact him to fly him up to the Pacific Northwest to play on it. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. I should have been more insistent.


The pictures are of Jerry sitting on a bed playing a guitar in one of those cheap songwriter rooms we rented on music row in the early 70’s the other is of Danny Everitt (Texas songwriter) myself and Jerry clowning around on one of the Texas trips. Jerry is listed as one of my influences on my music page at www.myspace.com/bobbourgoin and some of the material on there I originally played with him.

I loved Jerry like a brother, and was fortunate enough to live what turns out to have been a very special period in my life, in his presence. I can only believe he was done here and is off to new adventures elsewhere. I‘ve been missing him for almost 30 years. Keep your friends close while you can…

No comments: