Tuesday, January 8, 2008

killers' arraignment almost certainly to be POSTPONED ("continued", as they say in court)

I'm Dianne McEwen, & I'm Jerry's sister & family representative.

As I told you previously, the killers arraignment is set for tomorrow:

"Jerry's killers are being arraigned Wednesday, January 09, 9:00 AM at the A.A.Birch Building, located in downtown Nashville at 408 2nd Ave. North, near the Courthouse & the Police Station. Anyone wanting more information can call the DA's office at 862-5500."

These proceedings ARE open to the public, & it could only help to have a show of public support.

HOWEVER, IT'S PROBABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS SOON.

Yesterday, January 07, I got a call from Cathy Harrison in the DA's office, saying that because the man who stabbed Jerry was out on parole which he obviously violated, the state had already come & gotten him from the Metro jail & sent him back to prison. Cathy said it was highly unlikely that they could get him back to jail in time for the January 09 court appearance. Therefore the DA's office was calling the witnesses & telling them not to come, so they would not take off work unnecessarily, plus it's expensive to park (if you come to any of these, try to carpool), & witnesses appear voluntarily. So either the killer will not be there & the defense will ask for a continuance, or he will be there & the prosecution will ask for a continuance.

I am going anyway, to learn anything I can. If you come, please introduce yourself to me.
And keep watching this blog, & I'll keep you posted.

Dianne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DIANNE,
I HAVE KNOW JERRY FOR ABOUT 18 YEARS WHEN HE WAS GOING TO THE CARPENTER SHOP CHURCH IN NASHVILLE HE WAS PLAYING BASS FOR JIMMY SNOW. HE AND I BECAME GREAT FRIENDS AND USED TO DRIVE AROUND IN THAT WHITE VW BUG OF HIS. I WAS ONLY LIKE 17 OR 18 AT THE TIME AND HE WAS A GREAT GUY. WE USED TO GO EAT ALOT AFTER CHURCH AND HE HAS COME TO MY FAMILYS HOME FOR DINNER AFTER CHURCH AS WELL. I WILL MISS HIM SO MUCH. I REMEMBER HE HAD GIVEN ME A BOOK I BELIEVE IT WAS A BOOK ABOUT A VAMPIRES SOMETHING.. I LOVED JERRY HE WAS ONE OF DEAREST FRIENDS. I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING THIS. I AM LIVING IN OKLAHOMA AND IT WAS A SHOCK WHEN DOTTIE SNOW CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THIS TERRIBLE TRAGEDY. THANK YOU!! GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR MOM.. LOVE TAMMY POWELL McKEE